Get A Quote
The Motor policy provides protection against accidental loss or damage to motor vehicle including any standard accessories and spare parts as well legal liability which the insured shall be legally liable to pay as damages for accidental bodily injury and or damage to property of 3rd parties including tow costs and expenses incurred with the written consent of the company.
The Law requires that all vehicles on public roads must have insurance or a form of security against third-party property damage, bodily injury, or death liabilities.
The various scopes of cover available are as follows:
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Third Party only
This is the widest cover available and provides indemnity from:
- Accidental damage to the vehicle, including fire damage
- Theft of vehicle
- Damage to other vehicles or property (TPPD)
- Injury to or death of a passenger in your vehicle (applicable to private cars)
- Injury to or death of Third Party person(s) outside your vehicle, caused by your vehicle (TPPI)
- Damage by fire
The above are the basic areas under the Comprehensive cover. However, the policy can be extended to cover the following, normally at a nominal additional cost:
- Medical expenses
Third Party, Fire and Theft cover
It has features of Comprehensive cover but excludes damage arising from an accident. It covers third party risks and in addition to that, it also covers loss or damage by fire, external explosion, self-ignition or lighting or burglary or theft.
The policy may be extended to include the above extra covers under comprehensive cover.
Third Party Only
This covers liability for third party property damage, personal injuries, or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the DRC Insurance Code.
- Loss of Use
- Depreciation, Wear & Tear
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown Failures & Breakages
- Damage by Frost
- Damage to Tires by Application of Brakes, Road Punctures, Cuts or Bursts
- Cover Excluded from The Comprehensive Cover
- Personal Accident Benefits
- Medical Expenses
- Rugs, Clothes, and Personal Effects
The Policy covers bodily injury caused by violent, accidental, external and visible means which is subject to the limits specified in the Policy. The cover is recommended for individuals and groups and can be issued on fixed benefits or based on salary. Such injury or injuries shall within six months from the date of occurrence thereof cause or result into any contingencies.
The age of the insured should range between 18 years to 65 years.
The sum insured depends on the individual’s annual earnings inclusive of all benefits.
- On Death – Capital Sum Insured.
- On Permanent or Total Disablement. – capital sum insured as well?
- Weekly Benefits for Temporary Total Disablement based on Actual Weekly Wages (Limited To 104 Weeks).
- Reimbursement of Actual Medical Expenses subject to agreed limit