Get A Quote
Your home and the contents therein are probably your best investment and the most important assets of your family. Just imagine what would happen if they were destroyed and you were to lose everything. Our Domestic package policy provides cover to individuals against risks in their private dwelling.
This section covers, subject to policy terms & conditions, the residential building in case of loss or damage caused by:
- Fire, lightning, thunderbolt, earthquake, or volcanic eruption (including flood or overflow of the sea occasioned thereby) or subterranean fire.
- Riots and strikes due to non-political events.
- Aircraft or another aerial device or any article dropped therefrom.
- Bursting or overflowing of a water tank apparatus or pipe
- Theft accompanied by actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of the buildings or any attempted threat excluding loss or damage occurring whilst the buildings are left unfurnished.
- Impact with the building by any road vehicle or animal not belonging to the insured or any member of his family normally residing with him.
- Storm or tempest, but excluding damage caused by subsidence or landslip or damage to any building in the course of construction, reconstruction or repairs (unless all outside doors, windows, and other openings thereto are complete and protected against such perils) awnings, blinds, signs, external television and radio antennae, aerial fittings, masts and towers or other outdoor fixtures and fittings including gates and fences.
- Additional expenses of alternative accommodation and loss of rent (not exceeding ten percent of the sum insured) in the event of the buildings being so damaged by any of the above perils as to be rendered uninhabitable.
This section covers, subject to policy terms & conditions, loss or damage to household contents caused by any of the perils covered under Section (A) above in addition to:
Damage to the buildings mentioned in the Schedule and/or landlord’s fixtures and fittings therein for which the insured is legally responsible as tenant and not as owner (but only if the private dwelling house or private flat mentioned in the schedule be furnished and occupied) directly caused by storm or tempest (but excluding destruction or damage by subsidence or landslip), bursting or overflowing of water tank apparatus pipe, theft accompanied by actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of the buildings or any attempt thereat provided. The policy, however, does not cover:
- Property more specifically insured.
- Deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, cheques, travellers’ cheques, securities for money, stamps, documents of any kind, cash, currency, notes, manuscripts, medals, coins, motor vehicles and accessories, and livestock unless specifically mentioned herein.
- Any part of the structure or ceilings of the buildings, wallpapers, and the like or external television and radio antennae, aerial fittings, masts, and towers.
Notes to the policy:
- The sum insured must be the current market value or current replacement cost less reasonable deduction for wear and tear and age.
- Under the policy, no single article is deemed to be worth more than 5 % of the total sum insured unless such article is specifically insured. As such it is advisable to submit a list of all the items insured including their values.
- The total value of all jewelry and valuables will be deemed not to exceed 1/3rd of the total sum insured unless the value of jewelry and valuables is separately declared.
- The cover under the Contents Section ceases if the building is left unoccupied for more than 7 consecutive days and as such you should consult us prior to leaving the house for longer than 7 days in order that you may obtain advice on restrictions and cover.